Two awesome Christmas markets not to be missed this end of year holiday period in Sheffield!
22nd Victorian Christmas Market – Kelham Island Museum
29 November – 30 November
Hop on over to the Kelham Island Museum as a warm Dickensian welcome awaits at their biggest event of the year. There’ll be over 120 stalls, traditional crafts and skills, fairground, Santa’s Grotto and more. The Lord Mayor of Sheffield will be present to officially open the market, and Sheffield City Giants will also partake in welcoming visitors. Don’t miss out on this fantastic two day event chockfull of activities for the whole family!
More details on the event can be found here:
Sheffield Christmas Market – Fargate
14 November – 24 December
A truly magical experience awaits for you on Fargate! Expect traditional wooden cabins with beautiful seasonal goodies that will make the perfect gift as well as Christmas treats for the family. This year also sees the introduction of the new Moroccan market, adding more spice and culture to the festivities. And what’s a Christmas market without a Santa Claus? Nestled in the middle will be Santa and his own Lapland Cabin. The markets run 10am-6pm every day, and until 8pm on Wednesdays.
Whether you love short breaks, city breaks or weekend breaks in England – here are some useful money-saving tips for you when you’re planning your trip.
1. Booking an accommodation with a central location is key. Since you’re only in a city for a short time, it’s best to pick a place that is close-by to amenities and activities which you have planned. This cuts travelling time and also costs if you’re mostly able to walk or take convenient public transport links.
2. If you’re on a budget, look to start your weekend on Thursday instead of Friday as you’ll get cheaper prices on plane tickets, hotel rooms and rental cars. Also, try and avoid holiday weekends where prices tend to be much more expensive.
3. More important over what day of the week you book is how much in advance you make your booking. Sign up to airline newsletters who will send you emails about the best deals or search on skyscanner.net and get notified of price fluctuations.
4. Clearing your web browser’s cache when making a booking can make a difference in ticket prices. Many airline and travel websites track how many times you’ve visited their website and provide different deals and prices to different users – they usually show the lowest price if you’re ‘new’ to the website. So clear your web browser’s cookies and cache before booking to get the best price.
5. Travelling during downtimes and avoiding peak travelling periods offer much lower prices. Don’t immediately dismiss going to a ski resort in the Summer – once the snow is gone, the prices for many of these resorts are low. There are still plenty of outdoor activities to do so it’s a great opportunity to visit.
Ho ho ho! December is right around the corner and you know what that means – the happy festive season. Sheffield is bustling with festive spirit this time of the year and makes the perfect place to spend your Christmas month. For December only, we’ve got a hot deal that you can’t miss that will make your Christmas month filled with holiday cheer.
We’re offering a whooping 20% off discount when you book a 10 night stay from 22/12 – 2/1 with us. That’s a huge discount which means more bang for your buck, it doesn’t get any better than that.
Hurry! Our rooms are limited so it’s on a first come first serve basis. Book your stay via our website or give us a call if you prefer to speak to one of our friend staff (10am-6pm from Monday to Friday).
Out of this World, 1-2 November, 12.30pm till 4.30pm
As Fright Night takes a year off, a new spectacular festival takes over Sheffield this Halloween weekend. Out of this World is a brand new festival of sci-fi, magic and horror! The weekend will be jam-packed with events, activities and more all spread across the city centre. Many kid-friendly activities to ensure the children fully immerse themselves in the Halloween fun. Check out https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/out–about/city-centre/out-of-this-world.html for more details on this brand-new festival.
After Dark, 5 November, 5.30pm till 10pm
After Dark is Yorkshire’s No 1 Fireworks Spectacular, attracting up to 20,000 people each year! The event, which is at the Don Valley Grass Bowl, offers live music on the Heart Stage, funfair, bonfire, food stalls, bar and a massive fireworks display. An event not to be missed! Check out http://www.yellowbusevents.co.uk/after-dark-firework-display-sheffield/ for more information
The 2014-2015 Ice Hockey Season has started and our Sheffield Steelers have confirmed the dates they are playing to win the Elite League Challenge Cup. Great to go with your mates or even with the kids. Motorpoint Arena has special ticket deals for families online so get your tickets early to grab a good bargain!
If you need a place to stay over to attend this fun-filled events in Sheffield, look no further than City Crash Pad Serviced Apartment. We provide the best value for money stay! Contact us now via https://www.citycrashpad.com/